About the position
We are looking for a skilled and creative 3D modeling artist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating high-quality, photorealistic 3D models for a wide range of applications, including product design, architecture, and film.
As a 3D modeling artist, you will use industry-standard software such as Maya, Substance Painter, Blender, and 3D Max to create 3D models that accurately represent real-world objects and environments. You will work closely with other members of the team to understand the project requirements and develop creative solutions that meet the project's goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with 3D modeling software and a strong portfolio of 3D models that demonstrate your skills and creativity. You should also have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are a skilled and creative 3D modeling artist, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your resume and portfolio of 3D models to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
- Create and manage digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environment and props
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models and characters based on feedback from team members
- Create textures and UV maps
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Rig models and characters for animation
- Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects on time
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush etc.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning etc.
- Some familiarity with animation techniques
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in 3D design and modeling
- Technical diploma in 3D modeling or a degree in fine arts
- Some scripting experience will be an added bonus